25 May Sight Loss Shropshire – Annual Spring Day Out
The Lord-Lieutenant of Shropshire, Anna Turner together with Deputy Lieutenant Diana Flint, Chairman of Sight Loss Shropshire were delighted to attend the charities annual ‘Spring Day out’.
200 visually impaired people and their friends gathered at Shrewsbury Town Football club for a fun day which was sponsored by the Shropshire Masonic Charitable Association, Gnosall & Newport Lions, Oswestry Lions and the Blakemore Foundation. The day included entertainment from Tony Wall and Sal Tonge.
Sight Loss Shropshire’s work includes the following:
- Provide free Living Well with Sight Loss courses: information, advice, support and practical solutions
- Give grants to help visually impaired people to acquire specialist equipment
- Support a network of local social groups for visually impaired people
- Raise awareness of sight loss issues and help improve local sight loss services
- Host major social sight loss events
- Offer digital tech training on smart phones and tablets for people with sight loss
To find out more about Sight Loss Shropshire please visit http://www.sightlossshropshire.org.uk