Advice for wreath-laying ceremonies
During a wreath-laying ceremony, it is expected that the tributes be set down in the following order in line with established protocol and etiquette.
This order applies when the Lord-Lieutenant of Shropshire is The King’s representative and no other members of the Royal Family are in attendance:
- Lord-Lieutenant (or representative)
- Civic guests
- Armed Forces
- Reserve forces
- Ex-service associations, including the Royal British Legion
- Emergency services, namely police, fire and ambulance
- Voluntary uniform services, such as St John’s Ambulance
- Cadet forces
- Youth organisations, including Scouts, Guides, Cubs and Brownies
- Members of the public.