Inviting a member of the Royal Family to Shropshire
A Royal visit is a great honour that brings prestige and recognition to work being done in Shropshire.
Being visited either by The Queen or another member of the Royal Family is an excellent way to celebrate achievements and promote excellence, showing the strengths within Shropshire.
When could you request a Royal visit?
Occasions when you may feel it is appropriate to issue an invitation for a Royal visit include:
- The launch of a new product or service
- To celebrate a landmark achievement, such as 50 years in business
- To highlight outstanding success
- Promoting the work of a charity that has a Royal patron
- The opening of a major new building
- To mark a significant community event or occasion
Requests can either be submitted through the Lord-Lieutenant or made directly to Buckingham Palace.
All Royal visits are organised with the support of the Lord-Lieutenant of Shropshire. As such, it is ideal if invitations are completed with the support of the Lord-Lieutenant, particularly considering the expertise available in organising a Royal visit.